RSS Feed

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Happy Endings

No one really believe those sappy happy endings in movies and TV shows right? Only, I think I kind of did and keep getting surprised when reality slams us down again. The sick person is supposed to find the beauty of life and the joy of every little thing and the spouse is supposed to be beside their love every step of the way, helping them to carry their pain. I knew this was fantasy but I still feel cheated. Does that make any sense?
I have to step away from my husband for a time because I am the enemy . No matter how hard I try and help him direct his anger at the disease and away from me, he cannot see it.It has been so long since I have seen the man I married inside this man before me. I miss him. I want to hold him and cry with him and help him find peace but I am so tired and he is too angry. Thank the Lord for the amazing staff at the facility who can be there for him when I cannot. They are such a blessing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment