RSS Feed

Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Leader in Me

  I had a fantastic conversation today at our Teacher's Convention about Steven Covey and the 7 habits of healthy Kids. I used the 7 habits last year but didn't make it through all 7. The 7 habits are:



You can find a link to the descriptions of each habit here http://www.theleaderinme.org/

Today we discussed how to use this program to motivate students, to help them find their inner drive. Our children need to become intrinsically motivated or they will never be truly successful. So how to inspire that? How do we teach children to push themselves, to cooperate in a meaningful way, to understand their own power to change how they react to circumstances. I was so impressed with the school cultures that I see in these Leader in me schools. I don't believe there is anything magical about these words. They are not a new idea. But I see them as a basis of common language that could be the catalyst for changing a school culture. I will be using the 7 habits in my class and continuing to tell the teachers around me about them. Check out this video to see what it's all about.




0 comments:

Post a Comment