RSS Feed

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Kung Fu sentences

In our class we like to do something a little crazy called Kung Fu sentences. I toyed with the idea of videotaping myself demonstrating but...who are we kidding? That's so not happening. Instead I made my son demonstrate the four parts of Kung Fu sentences for you. This is how I taught him last year when he was in my grade one class to use writing conventions in his sentences. We all assumed our Kung Fu stance then chanted, capital letters, finger spaces, little letters and periods. I had to put little letters in there to deal with the ridiculous use of capital letters all over the place in my students' writing. Here is the video:
And here is the package I made to use in my classroom to go with it.


Click here to find Kung Fu sentences at my Teachers Notebook shop.

And here is a little freebie for anyone needing more emergent readers for their little readers. They are devouring them, am I right?!?







1 comments:

Mrs D said...

As fellow Canadians, we all work so hard creating products for a niche market. I'm hoping to host a Canadian specific event to boost all our TPT sales and/or bring traffic to our blogs in the coming months, and so I've created this little survey to see what we're all interested in. Please fill out and share with your followers and friends too please! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5T5V5ZW

Post a Comment