RSS Feed

Friday, August 9, 2013

Jumping on the wagon

   So, I am jumping on the wagon of creative solutions for nasty classroom furniture. I have these benches that I use at the edges of my carpet for extra seating (27 K/1s last year). They are hideous mauve on top of mustard yellow on top of yellow stain. I thought about spray painting but I didn't want to have to sand and then spray paint again at the end of the year if it all chips off. Then I thought about buying foam and fabric and covering the benches that way. I was on the hunt for some foam when I discovered these bad boys:
 That my friends is liner for your kitchen drawers and it is the solution to my nasty benches. I took the liner and covered the bench then attached it with upholstery tacks. The liner is about 1/8 inch thick and kind of squishy. It adds a little comfort to the bench and the upholstery tacks add a little rock and roll. You can see the before and after in the picture below. I'm not sure if I will deal with base or leave that project for next year.
 Here is a close up view. I really like the way it turned out and I am hoping it will wear well. Now I have all of the seating I need for whole class instruction as well as an incentive for good behaviour since the benches will be reserved for my rock star students!!!

1 comments:

Mrs D said...

Thanks for the Welcome to Saskatchewan, I`m now your newest follower.

Post a Comment